Urgent Telephone 4pm - 8.30am : 01233 331111

Financial Advice

If you are struggling to manage your finances there are a range of things you can do.

If you are already on benefits, check our advice for benefits claimants.

There are also ways we can help if you don't normally claim benefits, particularly with paying your council tax.

Our Welfare Intervention Officers work to support people who need help with any housing or benefit related issues. They can give you practical advice and signpost you to other helpful organisations, including those that can help with finance queries.

Martin Lewis, from television's The Money Saving Expert, has some hints and tips for anyone struggling financially on the Money Saving Expert website.

Kent Support and Assistance Service also provide short term help if you are having serious difficulties managing your income.

Ashford Advice also has advice for people struggling with their finances. These include checking with your providers if there's anything they can do to help you. Talk to your gas and electricity supplier, your phone company, bank or building society, or landlord, to see if you can come to different arrangements about paying your bills. It is important to do this before you miss a payment.

Kent Savers Credit Union are offering Ethical Emergency Loans for anyone concerned about their finances who are worried about incurring debt from short term high-interest credit providers, such as payday loans. 

Page 2 of 2