Why Choose Us?
Local authority building control and approved inspectors
It is important that you choose the right builder to carry out work on your property. It is just as important to choose the right building control service provider.
Building control services are now available from two sources:
- Local Authority Building Control (LABC) – this is the traditional and long established route
- Approved Inspectors – these are private sector companies that are licensed by the government to offer a building control service
There are some differences between the level of service you will receive.
So why choose local authority building control?
We are determined to provide you with the very best service in building control. Whether you are a large developer undertaking a multi-million pound project or a homeowner carrying out alterations to your home, we are totally committed to helping you in any way we can.
We recognise that all our customers have different needs. As a result, it isn't possible to satisfy all of these needs on a single site visit.
Below are some testimonials from previous customers:
"We would once again like to extend our gratitude to you and your team for resolving the matter so promptly and professionally."
– Wayne Brett, Throwley
"Thank you for coming out so promptly to check the garages."
– Christine Kane, Charing
"Extremely pleased with services provided by building control at Ashford, Kent."
– T Lee, Mouchel
We provide extensive pre-application advice at any stage to suit your needs.
We can help with issues such as fire safety design, access issues and escape routes in case of fire. We can also set-up meetings between yourself, other council departments and Kent Fire and Rescue Service.
- Full technical assessment of your scheme within 15 days from validation
- Highly competitive fees
- Receipt of electronic applications/plans
- Formal decision notice issued
- Qualified in-house structural engineer will check any structural details and calculations
- Full formal consultation process with external bodies – Kent Fire and Rescue Service, Southern Water Ltd, etc.
Site inspection service
- Inspection notification framework available for each individual project
- Qualified Building Control surveyors who will constantly be looking for cost effective solutions to regulatory challenges and who act with complete impartiality and flexibility
- Extensive and unrivalled experience on every conceivable type of project
- Issue of formal completion certificate when your project satisfies building regulation standards
Building control performance standards
Ashford Borough Council Building Control complies with this government initiative to regulate standards within the profession.