Taxi Vehicle Renewal
How to apply
You will be taken to a login screen, here you can register if you haven't used the service before or login if you’ve already registered.
Please be aware that before you start you will need to include the following information on the application form:
- Credit or debit card with which to make payment of fee (£300);
- A copy of V5 registration document;
- A copy of insurance certificate;
- A copy of compliance certificate.
You'll need to submit all documentation or your application will be refused.
Please save your form as you work through it. If you need to step away from your computer, you can rest assured that your form is saved. You can access your draft form again at any time by logging back into the portal and going to the ‘draft service requests’ section. Once you submit the form, it can be found in the ‘service requests’ section.
For new vehicle licences and transfers email email@example.com.
Vehicle Renewal Notes
- In the event that your application is refused or withdrawn you will not be refunded the application fee or any part thereof under any circumstances.
- For New and Transfer applications please email the Licensing team before submitting the application.
- The Licence, if granted, will normally last for a 12 month period. If you already hold a current Licence for this plate and you are substituting another vehicle to replace the one already licensed then a fee will be payable. The Transferred Licence will expire at the same time as the one it replaces.
- There are a number of requirements for licensed vehicles. If you are unsure of these requirements please email the Licensing team.
- Applicants who are applying for an LPG vehicle will be required to produce an ‘LPGA Comp2 - 2nd Edition’ form in respect of the vehicle at initial application.
- The authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes. Further information can be found on our Counter Fraud Privacy Notice page.
Specific Notes for Private Hire Vehicle Licence
- If you intend using a private house as an operating centre for a private hire business (including the parking of more than one vehicle, servicing or maintenance of vehicles, or the use of part of the house for office purposes), planning permission will be necessary and you should seek advice. Further information can be found on our Planning and Building Control page.
- If the house referred to in the above is a council dwelling, the landlord, e.g. the Housing Manager, should also be informed. Further information can be found on our Becoming a Council Tenant page.