Assistant Director of Environment, Property and Recreation
The Assistant Director of Environment, Property and Recreation is responsible for:
Environmental and Contracts
- Managing environmental contracts, such as domestic refuse collection, recycling, street cleansing, and pest control.
- Dog warden.
- Waste and recycling education.
Aspire Landscape Management (grounds maintenance team)
- Delivery of all grounds maintenance services. This is carried out in open green spaces, parks, floral beds, cemeteries, areas around housing sites, hedges, sports pitches and associated foot paths.
- Our services include mowing, pruning, planting, clearing and litter picking on various spaces owned by the council.
Sports and Leisure
- Sports development and facilities for children and young people.
- Working with trusts in managing leisure and community facilities. These facilities include the Stour Centre, Julie Rose Stadium and Tenterden Leisure Centre.
- Play areas and open spaces.
- Nature conservation.
Property Building Services
- The delivery of the capital programme.
- Managing council assets.
- Income generation from assets.
- Delivery of other corporate projects.
- Council garages.
Salary scales can be found under the salaries section.