Solicitor to the Council and Monitoring Officer
This role supports the Chief Executive in ensuring corporate governance is to a high standard. The role supports the delivery of the vision for the borough. It also provides leadership and direction in developing and implementing strategic objectives. It covers a range of functions and services, including commercial, statutory and support services.
Terry is also our Monitoring Officer.
The Solicitor to the Council and Monitoring Officer is responsible for Legal and Democracy:
- Legal advice and support to the council and its Members and officers.
- Provision of electoral registration services.
- Provision of a service to manage all local and national elections and referendums in the borough.
Job description and structure chart
- View the Solicitor to the Council and Monitoring Officer job description [pdf] 329KB
- View who the Solicitor to the Council and Monitoring Officer line manages [pdf] 10KB (If you require an accessible version of this document please email email@example.com.)
Salary scales can be found under the salaries section.