Urgent Telephone 4pm - 8.30am : 01233 331111

Ellen Close Shared Ownership Properties

The dwellings at 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 Ellen Close in Charing are shared ownership properties. The owners own 70% of each property and the council owns the remaining 30%. Each owner has signed a document called a trust deed, which explains this arrangement and a summary.

When an owner wishes to sell their property, they must only sell their 70% share and only to a local person who is a first time buyer. Information for owners on this process is available in our guide to selling.