Renewal application forms are sent to existing drivers two months before their current licence expires. These applications must be submitted one month before the current licence expires.
The application form will specify whether a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and medical are required. It will contain the usual requirements for photographs, fee and a copy of your driving licence.
If a DBS disclosure form is required it has to be submitted in person. This can be done either at the Civic Centre, Ashford or the Town Hall, Tenterden.
Please note that with effect from 21 December 2020, there are changes to licensing requirements:
- All renewal drivers will be required to sign up to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) update service, and provide the required registration details to us prior to any renewal being granted. If the licence expires before a new licence is issued than you will not be able to continue to drive a licensed vehicle – to do will be a criminal offence and invalidate insurance policies;
- All renewal drivers will be required to evidence completion of Safeguarding training prior to grant or renewal of any licence. Failure to evidence the completion of the training will result in any licence not being renewed and it will expire on its natural expiry date. Details of the accepted training providers (via online eLearning) and certificate providers will be published on our Driver pages in due course, but in the meantime we can confirm that we will accept courses from the Blue Lamp Trust (the current cost is £12.00);
- The driver must notify the council within 48 hours of any of the following:
- Arrest and release;
- Charge or conviction for any criminal offence, including but not limited to sexual, dishonesty, violence, or motoring, offences (including fixed penalty offences);
- Any grant of bail to the driver (conditional or unconditional) by any court or police force;
- Any court cases pending against the driver and;
- Whether the driver has been cautioned or received any official warning from the police.
Email email@example.com to make an appointment.