A new way to view planning applicationsPublished: 22/06/2022
Ashford Borough Council’s Planning department is transitioning to a new cloud-based planning system on Monday 4 July which will bring a range of benefits to residents.
Here is a summary of the changes you will see:
What’s the same:
- Ability to look at planning applications or service-related applications/information/plans.
- Visual map for applications to show their location (although this is unlikely to be available immediately).
- Weekly list available.
- Once live you’ll still find it in the usual place on our website.
- Powerful search tool included (a bit like Google search tool). This search tool looks across all parts of the planning service rather than having to search different areas for different data.
- Advanced search tool available for members and customers to refine their requests.
- Consultee Portal - There will be a new ‘consultee’ module within the software specifically for consultees to get quick and easy access to planning applications they have been consulted on. This will have added functionality to the public register allowing them to manage their comments more easily and submit them directly and upload any related files.
Got a planning application to submit or already submitted?
In order to migrate all the data we have on our current system onto the new system, we need our current system to be ‘turned off’ for a period whilst this migration takes place.
As a consequence, any applications that would be submitted via the Planning Portal after the close of business on 24 June will be held in the Portal until the new system goes live on 4 July, after which they will be processed in the usual way.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause and, if possible, would encourage you to submit applications prior to the close of business on 24 June. Alternatively, if your application can wait until the 4 July, then we would ask that it is submitted then to avoid delays in processing.
Please note that for all current live applications we are handling, processing will continue throughout this period although there may be some limitations on how quickly some elements can be undertaken. Applications will continue to be determined and Decision Notices issued throughout this period.
Cllr Neil Bell, Portfolio Holder for Planning said: “Our new Planning Portal has been designed to be even more user-friendly for those wishing to search and view planning applications as well as for consultees, with the latter benefitting from a dedicated account where they can view, comment and upload documents.
“I look forward to seeing the new system in action and hope its users enjoy the benefits it brings.”