Solar Together opens againPublished: 14/04/2023
Group-buying scheme to help Kent residents invest in renewable energy opens again.
Solar Together Kent helps Kent’s homeowners to install high-quality solar panel and battery storage at competitive prices, from approved installers.
To date Solar Together has delivered over 14,000 installations and over 300,000 tonnes of avoided lifetime carbon emissions across the UK. In the previous 2 phases of the scheme in Kent, over 1,600 homes have had solar installations.
Residents and small businesses can join the group-buying scheme which offers solar panels with optional battery storage and EV charge points. Retrofit battery storage is also an option for residents who have already invested in solar panels and are looking to get more from the renewable energy they generate, as well as increase their independence from the grid.
It is free to register and there is no obligation to go ahead with an installation. KCC is pleased to be working in partnership with all 12 district and borough councils and Medway Council, to make the transition to clean energy as cost effective and hassle-free as possible across the county.
How does it work?
- Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation at the Solar Together website.
- Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in a reverse auction. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume and geographic concentration makes it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations.
- After the auction, registered households will be emailed a personal recommendation which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system.
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.