Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions below apply to all purchase orders that you receive from Ashford Borough Council for goods and/or services. Our current payment terms are 28 days from the invoice date.
If you have any queries about your purchase order, please contact the department detailed on the order header information.
- Where an appropriate Agreement, Standard Specification or Standard Code of Practice issued by either the British Standards Institution or a recognised body of any member state of the EC is current at the date of this official order, all goods and services used or supplied and all workmanship shall be in accordance with that Agreement and/or Standard
- The council shall be entitled to cancel this official order and to recover from the supplier the amount of any loss resulting from such cancellation, if:
- The Contractor (or any of his employees) has offered or given any gift or other benefit to an officer in an attempt to influence the outcome of a Contract decision
- The Contractor has shown (or not shown) any favour or disfavour to any person in relation to the Contract
- The Contractor (or any of his employees) commits an offence under the Prevention of Corruption Acts 1889 to 1916, or any subsequent amendments to these Acts
- The Contractor (or any of his employees) gives any fee or reward that is an offence under Section 117 sub-section (2) of the Local Government Acts 172
Ashford Borough Council takes its obligations under the Data Protection Legislation very seriously and will not disclose information to any unauthorised person. Information may be shared with other services within the council or disclosed to other local public authorities or government agencies that have a legitimate reason to request this disclosure. The council is under a duty to protect public funds that it administers and to this end, it may use the information that you have provided for the prevention and detection of crime and/or fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.