Free Parking In The Borough
Where can I park for free in Ashford?
|Car Park||Free Parking|
|Edinburgh Road multi-storey Car Park, TN24 8LG||Free after 3pm Monday-Saturday
Free all day Sunday
|Elwick Place Car Park, TN23 1DY (cinema car park)||Free after 3pm every day|
|Flour Mills Car Park, TN24 8PA||Free on Sundays and Bank Holidays|
|Station Road Car Park, TN23 1PP||Free after 3pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays|
Ashford town centre is a pedestrian area during weekdays and on Saturdays. There is an order preventing the movement of traffic within the zone during certain times. This is effected by the closure of a barrier on Bank Street.
The central pedestrian zone includes the following roads:
- Upper Bank Street;
- High Street;
- North Street;
- Part of Park Street;
There is a no waiting restriction (yellow line) in place across this zone between 6am and 6pm, Monday-Saturday. Parking is free in marked bays outside of these hours.
- New Street (access via Drum Lane, rather than Bank Street. The pedestrian zone is in operation here between 8.30am-4.30pm every day)
In all cases, please check with signs and/or markings when you park, as not all locations in these areas are available for general parking (e.g. taxi bays, double yellow lines, etc.).
Free evening parking in the town centre
We have introduced free evening parking in the Ashford town centre pedestrian zone. You now don't need to pay and display a ticket outside the period when the pedestrian zone is in place.
- You can park for free in the marked parking bays in High Street, North Street and Bank Street after 6pm from Monday to Saturday. In addition, parking is free all day on Sundays.
- You can park for free in the marked parking bays in New Street after 4.30pm, on any day.
Where can I park for free in Tenterden
- Free parking on Sunday and Bank Holidays at the Bridewell Lane car park in Tenterden (TN30 6EY);
- Free parking for up to an hour is offered in marked bays along the length of Tenterden High Street.
We hope this initiative will increase footfall in Tenterden and Ashford which will help boost trade for local businesses. This will also make our high streets an attractive option for new businesses.