This Customer Service, IT and Digital Strategy sets out our vision for putting technology at the forefront of our journey to put the residents and local businesses at the centre of the services we provide. It explains how we will develop and inspire confidence in our digital services whilst making them accessible to all. This is how we plan to deliver outstanding customer services.
We want Ashford to be a thriving, productive and inclusive borough by 2030 and beyond; a vital part of Kent and the South East where local businesses, social enterprises, communities and the public sector provide collective leadership to promote shared prosperity, happiness and wellbeing.
We will be supporting our staff to be ambitious, creative and trustworthy in all that they do to fulfil the council’s ambition to be an effective and well-resourced organisation that will:
- Treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Understand and respond to the needs of our communities to ensure no one is disadvantaged.
- Put the customer at the heart of everything we do and ensure our services are accessible.
- Make the most of our assets and invest wisely to ensure we live within our means.
- All work towards achieving the objectives of being a Green Pioneer and Caring Ashford.
These principles are set out in our corporate plan and this strategy builds on that plan.
COVID-19 has been a major disruptor that forced the whole organisation to change its approach to service delivery as well as making people change the way that they transact with us. More people are accessing our services online so we need to make sure that our processes are simple, easy-to-use and have the resident at the heart. To do this we will continue to redesign our services by embracing digital tools that enhance the customer experience. This will allow us to make sure we have the resources to help those who cannot use digital tools and need additional support.