Large Item Collection
We will collect large domestic waste that you would expect to take with you when moving house. This includes items such as: furniture, white goods and electrical appliances.
Please note that we cannot take DIY materials or builders' waste. Examples of which include the following:
- External doors and windows;
- Other construction material waste including plasterboard and similarly broken up fixtures and fittings made from such materials.
Large items, such as trampolines and bed frames, must be dismantled before collection.
All food must be removed from fridges and freezers.
Items need to be put out by 6am on the day of collection. Items need to be clearly visible at the front of the property, next to the road.
White goods are collected separately to your other large items. They could be collected at any time during the day.
There is a minimum charge of £25.00, which is payable at the time of booking. This fee covers the collection of up to four items, including one white goods item. The total cost will be based on the number and volume of items being collected.
A full refund will only be provided if you cancel your booking up to two working days before the collection date.
The following items are not included in the collection service:
- Any item that two operatives cannot safely lift;
- Car parts;
- Window units/mirrors;
- Garage and patio doors;
- All external doors and windows;
- Hazardous waste;
- Builders rubble and glass;
- Length of metal or wood above 2 metres;
- Large American fridge freezers;
- Commercial waste;
- Industrial waste;
- Loose garden waste;
- Large cardboard boxes (these should be placed on top of, or collapsed in, your green recycling bin).
Alternatively call 01233 331111 to speak to an adviser.
If you would prefer, you can take your waste to Kent County Council Household Waste and Recycling Centre.