Single Person Discount

If you are an adult living on your own then you can get a 25% council tax reduction.

Working away from home or going on holiday doesn’t count as a change of residency. Therefore, we are unable to apply this discount in these circumstances, even if only one adult is left at home.

Please note: A single person discount is only available at your sole or main residence and you cannot receive it on more than one property at any given time. The discount can only be backdated 6 months from the date of application or to the beginning of the financial year, whichever is the greatest.

Apply for single person council tax discount.

Cancel your existing single person discount.

Page 1 of 5