Event Reset Grants
Our Funding Objectives
To support the delivery of a diverse range of community events and festivals by helping event organisers re-establish and reconnect to their audience, thereby promoting the active participation of residents in community life.
We will fund community events that:
- Are delivered within the borough of Ashford.
- Are open to the whole community.
- Are free to attend or provide some free activity within the overall event.
- Provide opportunities for volunteering and/or community participation.
- Promote environmentally responsible and sustainable behaviour.
Funding available – revenue grants up to £1,000 for any one project.
Funding can cover the full cost of your event – but we particularly welcome applications where other funding sources will contribute to the full costs.
In order to apply for an Event Reset Grant from Ashford Borough Council, you must meet all of the criteria below:
- Be a not-for-profit organisation with a formal charitable status OR an unincorporated organisation with a constitution and a formally appointed voluntary management committee.
- Deliver the event or festival in the Ashford Borough.
- Ensure your service(s), project(s) or facilities are open to any resident in the borough (or have a clear, non-financial justification for targeting or prioritising a client group).
- Have a bank or building society account in the organisation's name.
- Have relevant insurances in place e.g. public liability insurance, buildings insurance.
- Demonstrate you have relevant safeguards and policies in place i.e. risk assessments, health and safety policy, safeguarding policy.
- Have obtained all relevant licences and permissions e.g. sale of alcohol, permission of landowner, temporary event notice.
How to apply
Application and assessment process
You can send in your application at any time. Please send your application to email@example.com.
We will give you an in principle funding decision within four weeks of submission of a fully and properly completed application.
If funding is approved in principle, details of your event will be referred to the Safety Advisory Group (SAG) who will review your event to ensure suitable safety requirements are met. Please be aware, the SAG may require you to submit further documentation and will advise you accordingly. On agreement from SAG, you will receive confirmation of funding.
If your application is successful we will send you a grant offer. The grant offer sets out the amount of grant funding approved, purpose of the funding, any additional grant conditions, monitoring and review requirements and the evidence of spend we require.
In signing your grant offer, you accept our standard Terms and Conditions of Funding [docx] 17KB and any additional conditions stated in the offer.
You will also be informed of how you can claim your grant. You have 12 months from the date of the grant offer to claim your grant.
You will be asked to provide a short monitoring report once the event had been delivered
Community Events Reset Grant funding is subject to the council’s budget so we may not be able to fund every eligible application.
The decision of the council is final.
Who to contact for help
Michelle Byrne, Funding and Partnerships Officer.
T: 01233 330485
Ashford Borough Council is required by law to safeguard children and to protect public funds. We may use the information you have provided for the prevention and detection of criminal activity and fraud. We may also share this information with those bodies responsible for auditing or administering funds for these purposes.
Any personal data provided in your application will be processed in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will only share personal information with other public sector organizations if it is necessary for the prevention and detection of fraud. Further information relating to your rights under the Data Protection Act can be sent to you on request.