If Ashford Borough Council holds personal data about you, under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the following rights over your personal data:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object;
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time by contacting: The Data Protection Officer, Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford TN23 1PL or via FOI@ashford.gov.uk
Before we can take any action on a request, it may be necessary to verify your identity so we can be sure any information we are being asked to alter or provide relates to you. To do this we will require TWO official documents (such as a passport or driving licence) and in certain circumstances will require further identification, for example if:
- a request is being made by a third party on behalf of the data subject;
- the request is made by someone whose name or details we do not recognise; or
- contact details provided in the request do not match the contact details we hold on file for the data subject.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
We will respond to requests without undue delay and in any event within one month. In exceptional cases this one month period may be extended by two further months if the request is particularly complex and involves a large number of requests.
If making a request for access (subject access request) it would be helpful if you could complete the following form which will aid us in conducting the appropriate searches to provide you with the information required. Subject Access Request form [pdf] 114KB.