I Have Accepted A Property - Next Steps
First of all, we’d like to extend a very warm welcome to you. Whether you are an existing tenant who has moved, or a new tenant to Ashford Borough Council, we wish you many happy years in your new home.
We know this is an exciting time for you, but would appreciate you finding a few minutes to go through the following information. If you have any queries or require help or information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01233 330688.
Next steps to do
- Find out who the current gas supplier is on 0870 608 1524 and the current electricity supplier on 0845 601 5467.You can change supplier to a different one if you wish, you can also change between key, card and quarterly payment options.
- Call our heating and hot water maintenance contractor on 0800 206 1371 to arrange for them to Turn on and Test your gas boiler. For your own health and safety, the boiler cannot be used until this is done.
- You need to arrange how your rent will be paid moving forwards.
- You will need to read and review the Rental Exchange. You will be automatically opted into this unless you opt out within 28 days from your tenancy beginning.
- You will need to set up Council Tax for your new property which can be done online.