Assistant Director of Finance and IT
This post is vacant and for an interim period there are three Service Leads in place as follows:
Customers, Revenues and Benefits - Peter Budden
Revenues and Benefits responsibilities:
- Administration of council tax.
- Business rates.
- Housing and council tax benefit, including responsibility for the investigation and prosecution of benefit fraud.
Finance - Lee Foreman
- Preparation of the council’s annual budget.
- Final accounts.
- Budget monitoring.
- Medium term financial planning.
- Treasury management.
- Financial advice to councillors, management and services.
- Payment of all sums due from the council.
- Accounting for all money received.
- Collection and recovery of all miscellaneous debts due.
- Prevention, investigation and detection of financial irregularity, avoidance, evasion and fraud.
- Promoting an anti-fraud and corruption culture. This is achieved through awareness, training and risk management.
Procurement and Contract Management responsibilities:
Provide comprehensive and expert procurement and contract advice and support to managers and officers across the whole council in order to maximize on-going efficiencies and savings.
IT and Digital - Robin Jones
- Systems development.
- Technical support and telephony.
- IT procurement and contract management.
- IT project management.
- GIS mapping.
- Digital transformation.
- Efficiency-saving solutions.