Assistant Director of Finance and IT
- Whilst role is being recruited telephone: 01233 330547
The Head of Finance and IT is responsible for accountancy, exchequer, fraud, IT, procurement and revenues and benefits.
- Preparation of the council’s annual budget.
- Final accounts.
- Budget monitoring.
- Medium term financial planning.
- Treasury management.
- Financial advice to councillors, management and services.
- Payment of all sums due from the council.
- Accounting for all money received.
- Collection and recovery of all miscellaneous debts due.
- Prevention, investigation and detection of financial irregularity, avoidance, evasion and fraud.
- Promoting an anti-fraud and corruption culture. This is achieved through awareness, training and risk management.
Revenues and Benefits responsibilities:
- Administration of council tax.
- Business rates.
- Housing and council tax benefit, including responsibility for the investigation and prosecution of benefit fraud.
- Systems development.
- Technical support and telephony.
- IT procurement and contract management.
- IT project management.
- GIS mapping.
Procurement and Contract Management responsibilities:
Provide comprehensive and expert procurement and contract advice and support to managers and officers across the whole council in order to maximize on-going efficiencies and savings.
Job description and structure chart
- View the Assistant Director of Finance and IT job description [pdf] 350KB
- View the Finance structure chart - coming soon (if you require an accessible version of this document please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Salary scales can be found under the salaries section.