The Chief Executive provides strong managerial leadership, motivating and inspiring the council’s staff. The role ensures that Members of the council are fully supported in their roles too. It also oversees that council policy is effectively implemented, which helps achieve strategic and corporate objectives in an efficient and economic manner.
The Chief Executive is responsible for:
- Business planning for the council.
- Overall management and ensuring that service delivery to the people of the borough is of the highest quality and that all the resources of the council are used in the most effective way.
- Leading and directing the Management Team, ensuring a corporate approach to management of the council.
- Ensuring council policies are put into action, performance is evaluated and keeping the operations of the council under review.
- Identifying and monitoring critical issues and problems, reporting these to councillors and taking action to address them.
- The Chief Executive is the statutory Head of Paid Service.
The Chief Executive directly line manages:
- Ashford Port Health (Head of Service, Anthony Baldock)
- Community Safety and Wellbeing (Head of Service, Sheila Davison)
- Corporate Policy, Economic Development and Communications (Head of Service, Lorna Ford)
- HR and Customer Services (Head of Service, Michelle Pecci)
Job description and structure chart
- View the Chief Executive job description [pdf] 133KB
- View who the Chief Executive line manages [pdf] 11KB
Salary scales can be found under the salaries section.