Plans to Accompany Premises Licence/Club Premises Certificate Applications
Licensing Act 2003
Plans to accompany premises licence/club premises certificate applications
All applications for premises licences/club premises certificates must be accompanied by a plan.
- The plan shall show:
- the extent of the boundary of the building, if relevant, and any external and internal walls of the building and, if different, the perimeter of the premises
- the location of points of access to and egress from the premises
- if different from b. above, the location of escape routes from the premises
- in a case where the premises is to be licensed for more than one licensable / qualifying club activity, the area within the premises used for each activity
- fixed structures (including furniture) or similar objects temporarily in a fixed location (but not furniture) which may impact on the ability of individuals on the premises to use exits or escape routes without impediment
- in a case where the premises includes a stage or raised area, the location and height of each stage or area relative to the floor
- in a case where the premises includes any steps, stairs, elevators or lifts, the location of the steps, stairs, elevators or lifts
- in a case where the premises includes any room or rooms containing public conveniences, the location of the room or rooms
- the location and type of any fire safety and any other safety equipment j. the location of a kitchen, if any, on the premises
- The plan may include a legend through which the matters referred to above are sufficiently illustrated by the use of symbols on the plan.
- Plans do not have to be submitted in a prescribed scale but they must be clear and legible in all material aspects. There is no requirement for plans to be professionally drawn as long as they clearly show all the prescribed information.
- We would request that where possible the plans be submitted on paper no larger than A3. This will not be possible for all premises.