This page will contain all documents which form part of the Examination Library. This is in addition to the Local Plan 2030 Evidence Base which was submitted by the Council, and will include all relevant documents, such as hearing statements from ABC and other parties, correspondence from the Inspectors, and all documentation or evidence submitted during the Examination process which is to be made public.
Inspectors report on the Ashford Local Plan
On the 2nd January Ashford Borough Council received the Inspectors report on the Local Plan 2030. This brings to a close the examination and allows the council to progress the Local Plan to adoption. The Inspector's reports and the related Main Modifications can be found below:
ID/1 - INSPECTORS GUIDANCE NOTE [pdf] 156KB (Updated 12th March*)
In the guidance note, the Inspectors request that parties use their 'representor number' on correspondence. This ID is different to the representation numbers given to your comments. The list below contains a full list of representors, with individual ID numbers assigned. The list in in alphabetical order using the full name provided to us. (This may be first name, last name or organisation name). You can use the 'find' tool under the 'edit' menu, to search for your name.
ID/2 - INSPECTORS' ISSUES 70KB (21st Feb)
ID/3 - INSPECTORS' ISSUES AND QUESTIONS – PART 1 140KB (Updated 12th March*)
ID/4 - INSPECTORS' ISSUES AND QUESTIONS – PART 2 130KB (Updated 2nd March*)
* Since first publication on 21st Feb updates have been made to:
- ID/1 Guidance Note - Paragraph 19
- Issues and Questions Part 1 - ID/3 - question (i) of Issue 4, question (xiii) of Issue 10 and a minor admin change to Issue 1(i)
- Issues and Questions Part 2 - ID/4 - clarify that responses are invited only from the Council to the questions raised under Issue 12
- ID/1 Guidance Note - to allow Statement of Common Ground to be produced for Part 2 (for site related issues) up to 18th April.
Following detail contained within the Statement of Common Ground above, and the Council's hearing statements (ABC/PS/01-10), all proposed and suggested changes to the Submission Version of the plan have been collated into one document entitled ED/15 (below).
- ED/05a - UPDATED Statement of Common Ground between ABC and KCC Highways and Transportation [pdf] 142KB
ED/11 - ABC evidence presented to Hearing Session 1 – Additional Public Engagement details relating to Kennington/Site S2.
a) The Kennington Community Forum's views on submitted sites in the Kennington area (April 2014) [pdf] 243KB
b) Kennington newsletter (December 2013) [pdf] 740KB
c) Kennington newsletter (March 2014) [pdf] 189KB
d) Portfolio of press coverage in respect of what is now site S2 in the Local Plan (February / March 2016) [pdf] 6321KB
ED/12 - Local Development Scheme July 2014 [pdf] 232KB (Sets out the then anticipated timescale for bringing forward the Regulation 19 version of the Local Plan at that time, as referred to in the context of the references made to the 2013/14 AMR in Hearing Session 1)
- 547-1063 Wates Development Ltd - Response to Issue 4 [pdf] 255KB
- 461 Mr James Ransley - Response to Issue 4 [pdf] 2419KB
During the 17th May (PM) hearing session, it was acknowledged by the council that the full sustainability appraisal (SA) for S60 - St. Michaels, Land at Pope House Farm (ED/21) - had been left out of the final SA document (SD02) in error. ED/21 was open for comment until 12th June 2018.
- ED/21a - Schedule of responses - S60 Pope House Farm SA consultation [pdf] 101KB
- PHF01 - Paul Buggins [pdf] 235KB
- PHF02 - Peter Court (Peter Court Associates) [pdf] 396KB
- PHF03 - Alan Bates (Tenterden and District Residents Association) [pdf] 397KB
- PHF04 - John Crawford
- PHF05 - Raymond Crawfurd [pdf] 236KB
- PHF06 - Albert Poole
- PHF07 - Samantha Reed [pdf] 234KB
- PHF08 - Richard Martin (Scott Properties) - email sent by Victoria Cutmore
- PHF09 - Judith Ashton (JAA on behalf of Wates Dev Ltd) [pdf] 311KB
The above document (ED/23) is a response by the Council to the issues of Mineral Safeguarding raised by the Inspectors in paragraph 2 of ID/6.