Decent Homes Standard
Ashford Borough Council has a programme for maintaining its 5,000 plus properties to ensure that it continues to meet and exceed the government's basic property condition standard known as the 'decent homes standard', more information can be found at www.gov.uk/government/publications/a-decent-home-definition-and-guidance.
Maintenance, improvements and refurbishments
The Planned Maintenance section of Housing Services carries out improvement work such as bathroom and kitchen refurbishment, upgrade of heating systems and replacement roofs, in an order which reflects the age and history of maintenance for each property and the funding for the works.
To manage the process we keep a database of all the major works carried out over the last 25 years together with the expected life of these features.
We will contact residents giving plenty of notice when work is due to take place, and our surveyors will visit to discuss what work is to be carried out, any choices that need to be made, and the practicalities of the works including time scales and any likely inconvenience that may be experienced.
We have produced a series of leaflets about some of the major work we undertake, to provide more detailed information.
- A Guide to Kitchen Refurbishment (2019) [pdf] 616KB
- A Guide to Bathroom Refurbishment (2019) [pdf] 424KB
- A Guide to Boiler Refurbishment 2019 [pdf] 3015KB
- A Guide to Roof Refurbishment 2019 [pdf] 2275KB
- A Guide to Roofline Refurbishment Leaflet 2019 [pdf] 4203KB
- A Guide to Water Mains Refurbishment March 2013 [pdf] 1945KB
- A Guide to Electrical Refurbishment Feb 2017 [pdf] 1663KB
Other improvement works we undertake
- Disabled Adaptations
- Estate works including internal communal redecoration and new flooring to blocks of flats
- Loft, cavity and external wall insulation
- Re-pointing/re-decorating external walls
- Fascia, soffit and gutter replacement
- Fire safety work
- Door entry system upgrades
- Sewerage treatment works
Contact Planned Maintenance
If you have an enquiry about planned maintenance please contact us at email@example.com.
The Planned Maintenance team has an Electrical division (DLO) who are a NICEIC approved installer and MCS registered. The electrical team undertake electrical inspections and works for Housing Services but are also available for private commissions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.